lauantai 20. maaliskuuta 2010

Game: Lead & Gold



Few days ago I caught a trailer for a game called Lead & Gold: Gangs of the West. It's a teambased western indie game with a Team Fortress 2 styled visuals. I got so excited about this game that I had to pre-order it from Steam, the purchase gives you the access to beta.



The idea of the game is that there's two teams and you got 4 classes you can play as and they all have different weapons and traits.

There's Gunslinger, your typical western hero with a sixshooter and quick fire ability.

Debuty, the man of the law with a rifle and an ability to tag an enemy so your teammates can see where they are.

Trapper, a cute hunter girl with a sniper rifle and the ability to lay traps around that incapacitate people who step into them.

Last there is Blaster, a grizzly old miner bastard with a two-barrel shotgun and dynamites.

In addition to the special abilities, each class "radiates" a buff to nearby allies, for example, Blaster gives you an armor bonus and Gunslinger gives an accuracy bonus.



The gamemodes are your basic deathmatch, domination and more. Although they have some twists into them, for example there's a gametype called Robbery, where a team needs to carry a powderkeg into the enemy base and blow up their safe and steal their gold.

Then there's one where you need to carry a powderkeg into 2 different locations and blow them up.

The game is extremely fun but like I said it's a beta, so it's not without it's bugs, which is understandable.

I remember the first time I joined a game, I followed my teammates into the heart of a town until suddenly we were trapped in an alleyway, and someone shot the hat off from my head revealing my middle-aged balding top, shit just hit the fan, I thought!



I let out a fierce warcry and berserked in middle of the enemies and released my sixshooter, killing 2 people and then ran away. But then, the server host didn't seem to like that and left the game, crashing the server in the process.

I haven't been able to make servers myself either, it just gives some weird error screen that I can't figure out, maybe it's just me?

Another thing I noticed was that the ingame chat didn't work. Nor the one in the lobby, well, it worked once and everyone was amazed how it did, I don't know why it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't, but so far I have only been able to chat only once.

There's also been a problem with lag, which is ironic considering the short name for Lead & Gold is "LaG", hah! I guess we could say the game has lived up to it's name.

Wow that as horrible.

Aaaaanyway.. even with it's current flaws, LAG is a great game and everyone with a western itch or a thirst for teambased action should get it. There's not much servers and we could always use more players!

You should get it from Steam, it's something like 13€ right now. I recommend to Check it out.

Also check the new trailer for The Trapper class.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti