sunnuntai 21. helmikuuta 2010

Internet fanboys

No other way to start off a blog than to talk about one of the most god awful things on the internet, the fanboys.

Let me explain something first, I've been playing games online and browsing the internet on for something like 6-7 years, and I was aware of the term "fanboy" before, but not before I actually started visiting gaming websites I understood what a pack of incredible morons they actually are.

There's one website in particular that deserves special attention, that is GameTrailers.com. The website itself is quite cool, they release new videos on regular basis and they've got alot of world first exclusives on trailers and videos, but the thing I'm here to talk about are the forums... they're mutilated, fucking atrocious!

The community on that forum is unlike everything I've ever seen, the people are on all out war in there, whether it's about console exclusives, PC vs Console bullshit, it's horrible.


(PC3 eh? What is that, somekind of godlike tier-3 computer from the future? I'm just fucking around.)

At first I thought verbal attacks was all that it was, but people actually vote some Xbox360 or PS3 videos down just because of the fact that it's not on their console.

It just blew my mind. Why? Why would people do that? Well I can think of some reasons and one that I find most logical is that most of these fanboys are probably on the age fork of 13-16 years old and their mom is only willing to buy one console for them.

As I was growing up myself, I was in a very lucky position having friends who all owned different consoles, one owning NES, other one owning SNES, N64 and other one owning PS1 and PS2, so I got a wide view of games, while staying strictly as a PC gamer.

Later on however I got a Xbox and Xbox360, and I enjoyed the library of games on it, and whenever I saw a PS3 exclusive game on the internet I was kinda bummed not to be able to play it. But it didn't fucking drive me into this bestial rage that I gotta go whine about it online.


(I once got RROD and it sucks, delivered my 360 to Microsoft and got a new one in a week or so, and it's been working like a charm ever since, but were it to happen again, don't think the warranty is still up?)


Really, I'm glad how well PS3 is doing nowadays, because I remember the early days when there was barely any good games on it. Another reason for 360 fanboys to fire up their bandwagon.

So anyway, about the fanboys, whenever a game they cannot play comes around, they are so brainwashed by this idiot community on the internet and the console they're playing that they just won't accept the fact that there can be good games on other consoles. It's true, for some of you it might sound really ludicrous, but that's how it is.




(Geez, I bet he's not a troll!)


Talk about a new RTS game coming out, what are they gonna do, start asking is it for PS3 or 360? How about a fucking PC? Jesus, when did simple Mouse and Keyboard become inferior? In a god damn Strategy game no less.

I also hate when there's a Xbox or PS3 only Gametrailers TV episode and people start bitching about that aswell.


(Wasn't it just last week you got a trailer for God of fucking War 3?)

Besides, the show is about X10 which is an Xbox only event.


Well anyway, this blog is getting out of hand, but I hope you got something out of it, I've been graving to do a fanboy blog for a long time. But believe me, I barely scratched the surface.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti